ANNOUNCEMENT OF BARGAINING UNIT POSITION VACANCY
ASSOCIATION OF SOCIAL WORKERS, INC.
750 First Street, NE. Ste. 700
Washington, DC 20002
Presently qualified staff are urged to apply
TITLE: Senior Practice Associate (Union)
Pay Level: VII
DIVISION: Workforce Studies & Social Work Practice
MAJOR FUNCTIONS: Provides professional expertise to guide clinical social work practice, programs and/or advocacy. Networks with compatible national organizations and coalitions to develop statements, documents, and policy for social workers, consumers, organizations, and governing bodies. Participates in the development and implementation of grants; Association products; practice standards; tools; and advocacy positions. Develops written information for dissemination to members and the public through hard-copy documents, web and e-mail. Serves as a resource both internally and externally to the Association for projects related to social work practice. Responds to member and non-member requests for information. Reports to the Director, Workforce Studies & Social Work Practice.
- MSW required plus five years of post-master’s social work experience in clinical settings.
- Requires strong clinical practice expertise; analytical ability; and the ability to summarize information into clear, organized, factually sound, persuasive and objective reports.
- Requires public speaking skills as well as basic research skills.
- Requires excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with Chapter and National leadership staff and with external contacts.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary history with the position announcement number #1351 to The Office of Human Resources at email@example.com